Monday, June 04, 2007

Rihanna the Rhyme-Jacker


Sources say that Forhedda's smash hit, "Umbrella", was actually meant for the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J. Blige.

Rihanna battled Mary J. Blige to record her worldwide hit 'Umbrella'.

The 19-year-old singer loved the song as soon as she heard it but was devastated when she heard Blige wanted it as well.

So, Rihanna used all her charm to convince the songwriters to give it to her.

"When I saw one of the songwriters at the Grammy Awards, I went up to him and said, 'Listen, 'Umbrella' is my song.'

"He must have thought I was really pushy and laughed it off. But I held his face and I turned it back to my own, 'No, I'm serious, I need 'Umbrella'.

"Two days later we found out the song was mine." [ source ]

I'm honestly starting to think that Rihanna eats people. There is probably a Public Storage unit somewhere stuffed with cowering men awaiting their turn to be devoured. Freakshow!

Mary is better off without that song on her bill anyway. It doesn't fit her head style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home