Friday, September 01, 2006

Hype to Direct New Jay-Z Video


Super director and winner of MTV's Video Vanguard Award, Hype Williams, has a host of future plans in the works, including directorial work for Jay-Z's next music video. The 36 year old New Yorker has been doing music videos since 1992, working with artists such as Busta Rhymes, No Doubt, Beyonce, The Notorious B.I.G., and even Kobe Bryant (although I'm sure he won't admit that last one). Hype had an exclusive talk with SOHH.com where he revealed his recent agreement with Jay-Z.

"I'm very excited to get here. I put a lot of time and effort into doing things that I thought people would like to see from their favorite artists. It's been a long road to get here and it's good to see MTV is celebrating the art of music videos. I appreciate Van Toffler and Judy McGrath (at MTV) for making it happen. I'm potentially directing the video for Jay-Z's first single. Jay and I have been really good friends from a long time ago and he asked for me to work on his new project."

Hype also has a televsion show in the works along with a DVD featuring a list of his most popular masterpieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home