Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Jamie Foxx to play BOB MARLEY?!?!?!



Thanks to the Ms. Fresh and her addictive and hilarious Crunk + Disorderly talk, it has been brought to my attention that someone is finally planning on making a Bob Marley biopic. Good news; not so much. Out of all the people they could have casted to play the reggae revolutionary, they picked Jamie Foxx. As if this nigga doesn't already have 50,000 other flicks he's starring in. Don't get me wrong, I think Jamie is an amazing actor, but who in the sky-blue hell thought that he would make a good Bob Marley? I'm Jamaican and I think this is fucked up. There are hundreds of talented actors in the Carribean who could pull the role off, not to mention Bob's own sons. Ky'Mani Marley has been in lots of movies and he has skills plus his fathers face, and the same goes for Ziggy, Stephen, and Damian. Why not one of them? I mean how will Jamie get into that character? First of all, Bob Marley was mad skinny, so all of them wifebeater muscles Mr. Unpredictable has have to go. He's gonna have to get his ass off the piano and on the guitar. Of course, he needs dreadlocks, and I mean real dreads, not those fake bushy-ass 8 Mile extensions Mekhi wore. Then finally, he needs a Jamaican accent. Yeah...not gonna happen. I don't know if you remember that episode of The Jamie Foxx Show where he played a rasta in one scene, but let's just say Ms. Cleo is a more believable islander. So, I'm praying to the heavens that this movie gets cancelled, 'cause if it hits theaters I'm calling all my Rastafarian people and we're gonna sit in front of AMC with picket signs and lots of weed. Play with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home