Monday, February 26, 2007

Luda's Father Passes Away

pic spotted @ ONTD!

Wayne Bridges, the father of Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, died from unknown causes early this morning (Feb. 25) in Atlanta, GA.

Bridges died just two weeks after Ludacris won two Grammy Awards on Feb. 11, for Best Rap Album (Release Therapy) and Best Rap Song (“Money Maker.”)

That night, he dedicated both wins to his father, who watched the 49th Annual Grammy Awards show from his hospital bed.

"He introduced me to all of my major musical influences and he will live on through me," Ludacris told AllHipHop.com. "He bought me my first Hip-Hop record when I was five years old and I fell in love with it from that day on." [ source ]

My prayers and condolences go out to Luda and his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home