Friday, August 25, 2006

TBS Buys Tyler Perry Sitcom

Tyler Perry’s television show “House of Payne,” which was taken out for a test drive this summer in such cities as Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago and Dallas, has inked distribution deals with TBS and Fox reported to be worth about $200 million.

The Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury sitcom sold 100 episodes to cable’s TBS, which will get exclusive rights to the show starting in June 2007. Beginning September 2008, four Fox-owned stations will have syndication rights for the series. Seventy-five episodes will be available to TBS by June, with 25 additional episodes to be ready by the time the Fox deal kicks in for fall 2008. [ EurWeb ]

Black people on TBS? The world gets more and more bizarre everyday. I missed the pilot episodes when they aired in my city, but I didn't hear any critiques or comments about it either. So, until I see a Youtube clip, I don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home