Saturday, September 23, 2006

Miss Cleo Comes Out


Well, I was hoping Madame Cleo would finally admit that she wasn't a psychic (or Jamaican, fake bitch), but instead she decided to exlcaim to the world that she's proud of her life as a lesbian.

From the late 1990s through 2002, the woman whose real name is Youree Dell Cleomili Harris was a late-night staple who, in a thick Jamaican accent, urged viewers to dial a charge-by-the-minute 900 number to have their fortunes read.

What those viewers didn’t know, and what some members of her own family still don’t know, is that Miss Cleo is a lesbian. Four years after the infomercials were pulled from the air under a cloud of various lawsuits and federal and state investigations, Harris says she has been inspired to come out publicly by a teenage godson.

“He and I started talking when he was concerned about coming out. He was 16. When he made the decision I told him I’d be there to support him 100%, and he embraced [coming out] wholeheartedly,” Harris says. “It’s a different vibe than when I was his age, being raised Catholic in an all-girls boarding school. But he was afraid of nothing, and I thought, I can’t be a hypocrite. This boy is going to force me to put my money where my mouth is.”
[ source ]

Please. Even I figured that out, lady. Tell them your not Jamaican!

[ spotted @ C&D ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home