Friday, October 27, 2006

Consider Yourself Dumped


I can't believe I'm stooping this low...

Is Hip-Hop's supreme power couple about to fall apart? I can only hope so. After the leak of Jay-Z's new controversial track
"Lost Ones", people are starting to believe that he is using the record to dump his private pickle kisser, Beyoncé. On the second verse of "Lost Ones" Fraggle spits,

I don’t think it’s meant to be, B/For she loves her work more than she does me/And honestly, at 23?/I would probably love my work more than I did she/So we ain’t WE, it’s me and her/Cause what she prefers over me is work/And that’s where we defer/So I have to give her/free time even if it hurts/So breathe, Mami, it’s deserved/You’ve been put on this Earth/to be all you can be like the Reserves/And me?/My time in this Army is served/So I have to allow she her time to serve/The time’s now for her, in time she’ll mature/And maybe we can be WE again/like we were/Finally, my time’s too short to share/And I ask her now?/It aint fair So, yeah, she lost one.

Sounds like a really creative break-up letter, if ever there was one. What's wrong Jay? Are Bey's head skills that bad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home